Pendulum Wall Clocks - The True Magic

Grandpa's Grandfather Clock; I can't speak for everybody of course, but I know I will never forget the time I spent watching my Grandpa (Jack Quinif), take care of his Grandfather Clock.

I know from watching him, that it didn't matter what kind of day he was having, once he started working on his Grandfather Clock, you good leave him in peace.

Pendulum Wall Clocks

Now, at the time I didn't understand; why he just wouldn't let his twelve year old Grandson, help work on his prized possessions. I mean, I did have tools; you know, like a hammer.

Pendulum Wall Clocks - The True Magic

The older I get, I begin to understand why he enjoyed his time alone with his Grandfather Clock and didn't want me to help. It wasn't because he was trying to protect his precious pendulum wall clocks; it was because that was his time to leave to his own world for awhile.

Pendulum Wall Clocks - The True Magic

When he was cleaning and winding his clocks (he did have more than one), he didn't have to think about work, the yard, the roof, kids, grandchildren; he could just think about enjoying the moment.

Pendulum Wall Clocks

Everyone needs time to themselves, not because the need a break from kids; you don't need a reason. In my opinion, everybody should take 5-30 minutes a day to reflect on the day. Not to dwell on what went wrong; or right. Just to think about their day, you can't turn today; but maybe you'll do just one thing different tomorrow. Help someone that needs help; maybe a neighbor, maybe mom or dad; or just maybe you decide to read your child a book.

My Grandpa taught me to let some things go. You can't win all battles! And maybe the most important thing he ever taught me; was to think before I speak. I still have trouble with this one Golden Rule; but I continue to try every day. And that is all any of us can do.

In a way my Grandpa was like an old ancient Grandfather Clock. Apart; the pieces of a Grandfather Clock is nothing more than a paper weight; but when all the pieces are working together, it's like Magic.

My Grandfather was no different than that Magic Grandfather clock; when he would take the time to get the "pieces" in his mind together; he would do great things. Let me give you just one example: My Grandfather was the orchestrator of the starting days of the Utica Sertoma Club in; of course Utica, Ohio. If you are not familiar with Sertoma; you can Google them, they are a non-profit organization.

The point is; we can make for a good tomorrow; by reasoning about today.

You deserve it, take you time to think and reflect; together we can all be like that Magic ancient Grandfather Clock, how can you make an impact today?

Pendulum Wall Clocks - The True Magic

Total Pageviews

Copyright © Pendulum Wall Clocks